Tuesday 15 November 2011

I'm loving the oncoming Christmas rush,and especially loving the excuse to think outside my box and spend a bit of time gathering some unique NZ gifts for my oldest school friends kids.
Its been a privilage to be with these friends of mine during the (primary in one case!) school days,post school 'what am i going to do with my life?' days, getting miffed that they found their soul mate and i hadnt yet days (got over it!), marriage, , miscarriages, longing for kids, relationships trials, easy pregnancies ,hard births and finally the much anticipated babies. In the midst of all that drama were many many many happy times,discoveries about ourselves and life and the realisation that we were the kind of friendship that was going to be hard to get rid of.

I read a great quote that made me think of writing this post.It goes:
'Friends are like walls.Sometimes you lean on them and sometimes its enough to know they are there'.Which is certainly true in my life.
 Although they both live overseas now, i love waking up in the morning and finding unexpected texts or emails from a different time zone and knowing that on the other side of the world someone had been thinking about me.
I love that that it takes a little bit more effort to keep in touch but that its worth it.
I love that we all understand that life is busy and that it goes without saying that we all think of each often even if we dont have time (or energy) to sit and write HUGE letters like we used to.
I love being part of watching my honorary nieces and nephew growing and being able to justify spoiling them mercilessly because i cant be there everyday.
i love that my friends (M and M,confusingly) remember me how i was not how i am and i hope they know that they will never ever grow up in my memory.


 

Every year as Christmas approaches i wish that i could be with them and their families on Christmas morning and miss them terribly when i'm not. But I've got my sights fixed on it so its going to happen one day,dragging Manchild and Missk across the oceans with me for a white Christmas in France or a not-so-white Christmas in Geelong just so they can watch me and my much loved soul-sisters make spectacles of ourselves.
It will happen.
But til then,lovely ones (and My brothers,wives and their gorgeous,divine,wonderous children overseas) we think of you everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment