Wednesday 26 October 2011

So tomorrows the pre assessment and i'm feeling fine.
Well,as fine as you can feel about having to get myself and a three year old organised, fed and to the hospital by 8:30 in  the MORNING!!!
I took my own advice this long weekend and (did my best) to make the most of everyday. To keep my patience,hold my tongue,smile a lot,cook a lot and cuddle those i love as much as they would let me - and i feel much better for it. All filled up inside if you know what i mean.

I found this fabulous quote by John Lennon when i was cruising around cyberspace and it goes a little something like this:
It made me think a bit about how we view ourselves.A freak to himself maybe but one of the world's finest musical geniuses to a lot of us - which in turn got me to thinking about the people i know who really know me,despite the harsh judgments i may make of myself.

We went up the coast for an old friends birthday party on Saturday-well,she's not actually old (of course not,since she's the same age as me and I'm still  23 in my head) but we've known each other for close to 20 years now,which is a big chunk of my life.
We dont see each other very often these days but it was pretty magical being able to let it all hang out with someone who's been there through everything- schooldays,fighting over crushes (but i saw him first!!),laughing til we cry,wagging school,dance parties,drinking,working,flatting,the low times,the up times,the birth of my daughter and of course the big diagnosis and beyond.

 I had to pinch myself.Yes,thats my daughter getting to know people that i went to school with!!!
These people to MissK will be the 'friends of mum and dad' that she remembers as she grows up- which of course made me pinch myself again - oh my goodness does that mean that i am now an adult???!!
It boggles my mind to think that i am the same age as my parents when they had me and how old i must seem to my three year old.
I swear,the years have just flown past.So many wonderful amazing years.So many incredible events.So many more to come.

The look on missK's face when i told her that we (Me,MissM,MissT and MrL) all went to school together was a bit priceless. Her mouth dropped open and her expression clearly read :
'You? Her?Him? Were children once? I'm not sure i believe that.Are you just tricking me???'
Just you wait Missk- before you know it your own children will be giving you that same look.

No comments:

Post a Comment